Roger E. Brodman joined Holden Willits, PLC in 2023 with a practice emphasizing commercial and construction arbitrations and special master assignments. He is on the American Arbitration Association roster of neutrals for Commercial and Construction Arbitration.
Mr. Brodman retired in 2021 from the Maricopa County Superior Court, where he served for 14 years, completing rotations in the civil, criminal, family and juvenile departments. From 2015-2021, he was one of the original members of Maricopa County’s Commercial Court, a court formed for handling business and corporate management litigation. He also was assigned to the Complex Civil Litigation Court, a specialty court for the most complex and difficult civil cases. He has special expertise in business, construction and real estate litigation. Mr. Brodman has presided over more than 110 civil and criminal jury trials, and hundreds of bench trials and evidentiary hearings. He has managed cases ranging from securities fraud class actions to complex construction and real estate disputes.
Mr. Brodman is an adjunct professor at Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law at Arizona State University, where he teaches evidence. He served on the Arizona State Bar’s Civil Jury Instruction Committee.
Before taking the bench, Mr. Brodman spent 24 years in civil litigation private practice, with an emphasis on construction and real estate litigation. Along with Michael Holden, he was a founder of Holden Brodman, PLC. He sat on the Executive Board of the Arizona State Bar’s Construction Law Section for several years and was the chair from 1999-2000. He regularly served as an arbitrator. He has an engineering degree and is very good at math.
Awards and Recognition
- Southwest SuperLawyers™ – Construction Litigation (2007)
- Phoenix Magazine – Top Lawyer (2006)
- Holden Willits PLC, Phoenix, Arizona
- Of Counsel, 2023-present
- Judge Pro Tempore (By Assignment), Maricopa County Superior Court, 2023
- Judge, Maricopa County Superior Court, 2007-2021
- Holden Brodman PLC, Phoenix, Arizona
- Member, 2001-2007
- Brockelman & Brodman, Phoenix, Arizona
- Member, 1996-2001
- Gallagher & Kennedy PLC, Phoenix, Arizona
- Associate and Partner, 1985-1996
- Latham & Watkins, Los Angeles, California
- Associate, 1983-1985
- Law Clerk, Hon. William A. Ingram, United States District Judge for the Northern District of California, 1982-1983